Saturday, August 20, 2011

Water Colors!

I decided that I would use these cool water color pencils I have as my first coloring project. All you do with them is color in the picture like you would with normal colored pencils, but then you take a wet brush and paint over it and the colors blend out. It's actually really fun! I still have a lot of room for improvement. I still have to figure out some of the techniques used in water color pencil painting. Here's how they look so far:


 This one turned out okay... I really enjoy drawing movement, I don't get why I don't more often! But can you tell that the picture is supposed to be  from an upward angle? I'll have to work on that. Her face is so cute and innocent looking! I'm kind of proud of that part.


This one was really fun with all the ruffles on the back of the dress. I was wondering at first weather I should put shadow under every layer of the ruffles; so glad I did! Her look is supposed to kind of Sherlock Holmesie, also known as Steam Punk. I love this kind of look! It's so fun and whimsical with a slight dark side! You'll see a lot more of these in the future, and with even more ruffles, trinkets, and details! 


No comments:

Post a Comment